At Grace, we seek to be a radically inclusive community of Grace, and our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
What does that mean? It means we are a community that is full of grace, not judgment, and we seek to build relationships that honor God and build each other up.
The ministries at Grace are as diverse as our people. We have opportunities to serve within the walls of the church to provide support for all those who follow Jesus. We also have opportunities that happen within the facilities but serve to reach out into the community. And, of course, we encourage everyone to find a way to serve people beyond the walls of the facilities to share about Jesus and the life He offers.
Ministries are open to everyone. There is no requirement for membership, but we simply ask that you turn toward Jesus and seek to follow the great commandment: to love God and our neighbors.
Below are some of the ministry opportunities that we have at Grace:
"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me." Matthew 25:35-36
- Blessing of the Backpacks: Grace raises money and materials to stuff backpacks to give to children and teachers before the new school year begins.
- Shoe Drive: Grace raises money to buy shoes for children in need in the Bigelow and Conway School Districts.
- Layettes: Grace members make layettes to give to newborns who do not have clothes to wear home from the hospital.
- Wesley Bread Basket: Grace collects and donates food to the Wesley UMC food pantry to help serve the hungry.
- Cuba Missions: Grace collects clothing and other items to be delivered on periodic mission trips to the Methodist church in Cuba.
- Nursing Home Ministry: The first Sunday of the month at 2:00pm anyone from Grace is welcome to participate in a short worship service with the residents at Brookdale Assisted Living Facility across the street from Grace.
- Music: Choir, Handbells, Praise Team, Musicians
- Serving in Worship: Liturgy, Communion, Prayer, Children's Time
- Hospitality roles: Sunday morning greeter, usher, following up with guests
- Leading/Teaching: Small groups, Bible studies, Sunday school classes, youth or children's groups
- Prayer Team: Our prayer team faithfully meets on Tuesday mornings at 9:00am
- Care visits: Homebound, nursing homes, hospitals, etc.
- Cleaning the building
- Facility maintenance/repair
- Lawn care & Prayer Garden
- Prepping the Sanctuary for worship
- There are many opportunities to serve- no task is too small!